Premises Liability Case Results
- $1,955,000 recovery against a retailer, National Parent Teacher Organization (PTO), and Board of Education for a 5th grader who suffered fractures to her left wrist and ankle when an 18-foot inflatable slide tipped over in a school gymnasium. Due to surgery on her ankle, she developed complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS). The PTO and retailer paid a total amount of their policies.
- $750,000 settlement against a trucking company whose driver pulled away from a loading dock without warning and injured the loading dock’s employee.
- $430,000 total recovery for a porch fall that caused injuries when an unsafe porch railing gave way.
- $350,000 against a shipping company for improperly loading and securing its shipment, resulting in injuries to the driver when unloading the truck.
- $330,000 settlement against a condo association for back injuries suffered due to a slip and fall caused by an unnatural accumulation of ice in the driveway.
- $300,000 settlement against the City of Chicago for a 69-year-old woman who suffered a fractured right hip requiring replacement when she tripped and fell due to a broken curb.
- $225,000 settlement against a municipality for willfully failing to repair a defective area of sidewalk, causing a resident’s wrist fracture.
- $200,000 verdict against elevator company for failing to maintain proper leveling causing a 38-year-old woman to trip and fall resulting in a torn rotator cuff.